Watermelon Greek Salad
- 6 one-cup servings
The sweet, crunchy taste of watermelon pairs well with full-bodied vinegar in this otherwise traditional Greek salad.
- 3 cups kale, chopped fine
- 2 cups diced watermelon, seeded
- 2 cups peeled and diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in halves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- serving grated pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories per serving: 193
- Fat per serving: 14.4g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4.5g
- Cholesterol per serving: 18mg
- Fiber per serving: 3.2g
- Protein per serving: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates per serving: 11g
In a large bowl, add kale, watermelon, cucumber, onion and olives.
In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mint and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly. Top with feta cheese. Serve.