Refreshing, sweet and savoury. Try this crowd-pleasing, six-ingredient watermelon salad from Vancouver blogger Samantha who runs My Kitchen Love! Samantha has three young daughters and her mission is to “make everyday family meals extraordinary”
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, rind removed and chopped into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 medium long English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice*
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint**
- Add watermelon and cucumber to a large bowl or serving dish. Toss to combine.
- Top with feta and drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and garnish with mint.
- Serve immediately or placed covered in refrigerator for up to 2 hours (any longer and the watermelon will release too much liquid).
Tips *Don’t have any limes in the fridge? Lemons work here too. We prefer watermelon and lime together, but don’t let 1 tbsp (15 mL) of lime juice hold you back. **Dill is a wonderful replacement if you don’t have any mint or your family doesn’t like it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!