- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large peeled, diced apple
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
- 2-3 tsp (10-15 mL) curry powder
- 1-¾ cups (450 mL) vegetable broth
- 1-¾ cups (450 mL) unsweetened apple juice
- 2 large peeled, cooked and mashed American sweet potatoes
- 1 (100 g) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 4-6 fresh sprigs of cilantro
- pecans or chopped red pepper, optional
- Cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and apple juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mashed sweet potato and with an immersion blender or food processor mix ingredients until smooth.
- Bring to a second boil over medium heat; whisk in yogurt. Reheat just until hot (do not boil).
- Serve topped with cilantro, apple slice, pecans or chopped red pepper if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!