Wonderful Pistachios Summer Salad with Fresh Nectarines & Arugula
- 35 minutes
- 6 servings
- ¾ cup (190 ml) farro
- 1 cup (250 ml) low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 4 cups (1000 ml) chopped arugula
- 1 firm-ripe nectarine, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- ¾ cup (190 ml) coarsely choppedWonderful Pistachios No Shells
- 4 ounces (about 120 g) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml+) sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml+) freshly ground black pepper
In a pan, combine the farro, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat tosimmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes, until the farro is tender. Drain and rinsewith cold water.
In a large bowl, toss the cooled farro, arugula, nectarine, and scallions.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
In a dry skillet, toast the pistachios over medium for 1 minute. Stir into the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top before serving.