Texas Grapefruit & Avocado Tortillas
Courtesy of TexaSweet Citrus Marketing, Inc.
- 6 flour tortillas, 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- Half a yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, sliced into rounds
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
Brush tortillas with butter and cut each into eight triangles to form large chips. Arrange on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden, around 10 to 12 minutes. Set chips aside.
In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork. Mix in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
To serve, heap about 2 tsp (10 mL) avocado mixture on each chip. Place a grapefruit section on top and garnish with a yellow bell pepper slice and jalapeño slice.