Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl
- 4 servings
- 3 American Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 mL) ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 can (341 mL) whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into quarter
- Half an onion, diced
- Half a jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cilantro, freshly minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) of cooked quinoa or rice
- Optional Topping:
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 425 F (200 C). Place sweet potato cubes in a large plastic zip-closure bag, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cumin. Seal the bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 mins or until edges are golden brown.
Place corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, sea salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined.
Adjust salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste. Let sit for about 10-15 mins to let flavours combine.
Serve on quinoa or rice with layers of salsa and sweet potato.