Granny Smith Apple and Fennel Slaw
- 8 servings
It’s the clean fresh flavours of this salad that make it so tasty.
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 small carrot
- 1 U.S. Granny Smith Apple, unpeeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) each snipped chives and chopped parsley
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) lemon juice
- ¾ tsp (7 mL) Dijon mustard, preferably grainy
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt & pepper
Slice fennel in half lengthwise. Cut out and discard core and any brown outside pieces. Slice off stalk-ends from fennel (enjoy raw or save for soup). Very thinly slice fennel.
Place in a medium bowl. Coarsely grate carrot into bowl. Core apple, then thinly slice into wedges. Add to fennel along with chives and parsley. Gently toss.
Whisk lemon juice with mustard, oil, salt and pepper. Toss with apple mixture.