Arugula Salad with California Prunes and Strawberries
- 4 Serves
- 1 package (142 g/5 oz) fresh arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh strawberries
- 10 to 12 California Prunes, quartered
- ¼ cup (50 mL) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried basil or tarragon
- ¼ cup (50 mL) rice or white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive or sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients, except the oil. Whisk oil into the vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle salad with vinaigrette, toss to coat and serve.