Servings: 12 servings
There’s no pairing that can rival the deliciousness of peanut butter and chocolate. Decadent as the classic duo, you can also try one of the many variations for this bark.
- 6 oz (170 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 oz (340 g) white chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Line an 11x15-inch (28x38-cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. In separate bowls, using a microwave or a double boiler, melt bittersweet and white chocolate over low heat.
- Whisk peanut butter into warm white chocolate, then spread over parchment into a rectangle measuring about 10x13 inches (25x33 cm). It doesn’t need to be perfect as bark will be broken. Drop bittersweet chocolate by large spoonfuls over the just-spread white chocolate mixture. Swirl gently using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with peanuts and one of the below flavour variations, if desired.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour until set. Break into large pieces.
Add ⅓ cup (75 mL) of any of the variations below. Sprinkle over bark along with ¼ cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Sweetened shredded coconut, diced dried mango and candied ginger
Dried cherry and orange:
- Coarsely chopped dried cherries and grated orange peel
- Pepitas, coarsely chopped pretzels, dried cranberries and cocoa nibs
Toffee PB blast
- ¼ cup (60 mL) barely chopped mini peanut butter cups with 2 tbsp (30 mL) toffee bits
- 350 calories,
- 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat),
- 5 mg cholesterol,
- 7 g protein,
- 27 g carbohydrate,
- 3 g fibre,
- 21 g sugars,
- 95 mg sodium.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!