Servings: 8 Serves
Forget the cream cheese frosting! This simple loaf is inspired by a traditional carrot cake with a little nutty surprise.
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated carrots
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with waxed paper.
- Whisk brown sugar, peanut butter, oil and eggs until creamy. Add carrots and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine spices, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with milk. Pour into the pan and bake for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!