Servings: 6 Serves
The perfect complement to a delicious meal, this dessert is like a decadent peanut butter and banana sandwich… only better! A tasty way to complete any meal, your family will go “bananas” for this one!
- 1⅓ cup (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) cold butter, cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) ice water
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) golden corn syrup
- 2 bananas, medium-sized
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) roasted peanuts, chopped
- roasted peanuts, whole, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place flour in bowl, then using a pastry blender or two knifes, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add chopped peanuts to flour mixture. One tbsp (15 mL) at a time, stir in just enough cold water to form a soft dough. Gather dough into a ball, then wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a circle, ¼ inch (0.5 cm) thick. Fit dough into 8-inch (20-cm) fluted round tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess dough. Line dough with parchment paper and pie weights, then bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes. Remove paper and weights, and bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until mixture turns golden caramel colour. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes, then spoon into pastry shell. Cool completely.
- Slice bananas and toss with lemon juice. Arrange banana slices around outer edge of pie. Decorate with chopped and whole peanuts and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 701 calories,
- 11 g protein,
- 29 g fat,
- 99 g carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!