Servings: 8 servings
It’s the clean fresh flavours of this salad that make it so tasty.
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 small carrot
- 1 U.S. Granny Smith Apple, unpeeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) each snipped chives and chopped parsley
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) lemon juice
- ¾ tsp (7 mL) Dijon mustard, preferably grainy
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt & pepper
- Slice fennel in half lengthwise. Cut out and discard core and any brown outside pieces. Slice off stalk-ends from fennel (enjoy raw or save for soup). Very thinly slice fennel.
- Place in a medium bowl. Coarsely grate carrot into bowl. Core apple, then thinly slice into wedges. Add to fennel along with chives and parsley. Gently toss.
- Whisk lemon juice with mustard, oil, salt and pepper. Toss with apple mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!