Servings: 26 Potstickers
The perfect side with a stir fry or a scrumptious hors d’oeuvre for the holiday season. Coupled with a zesty peanut dipping sauce, these delicious dumplings won’t stick around for long!
- 1 pkg (400 g) small egg roll wrappers (3-in/8-cm squares)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut oil
- 8 oz (250 g) lean ground beef or pork
- ¼ cup (60 mL) salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) smooth peanut butter
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic, chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth.
- In bowl, stir together beef, peanuts, green onion, ginger, salt and 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the dipping sauce. Place 2 tsp (10 mL) of the filling in the centre of a wonton wrapper. Wet edges with water. Fold wrapper in half to enclose filling, pressing edges together to stick. Set on work surface seam side up; pleat seam and press potsticker gently into work surface so it will stand flat with pleated side up. Repeat with remaining filling.
- In large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil over medium heat. Add half the dumplings, pinched side up. Add enough water so dumplings are three quarters covered, about 1 cup (250 mL). Cover pan and cook over high heat for 6 minutes or until water evaporates. Uncover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until bottoms are golden and crisp. Transfer potstickers to a serving dish. Repeat with remaining oil and potstickers. Serve warm with remaining dipping sauce.
For two potstickers with dip:
- 141 calories
- 8.7 g fat (3.1 g mono-unsaturated)
- 6.2 g protein
- 9.5 g carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!