Taste USA represents over 40 U.S. trade associations that offer you an amazing selection of fresh and high-quality U.S. food and beverage products, as well as pre-packaged goods…everything from table grapes to craft beer. Most of our products are available throughout the year to complement the Canadian production season.
Taste USA is the brand that the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. trade associations use to promote their commodities and products to consumers and trade in Canada.
FAS works closely with the U.S. trade Associations and the Canadian industry professionals to promote a positive image of U.S. products and commodities and create opportunities for U.S. suppliers to connect with Canadian buyers, importers, retailers, manufacturers and foodservice professionals to build strong trade relationships.
What Do We Do?
Taste USA is promoted through various marketing and promotional activities, including but not limited to:
- Trade shows like SIAL Canada, CHFA trade Show, CPMA trade show
- Consumer shows like the National Women’s Show and Live the Smart Way Expo
- Festivals like EAT! Vancouver and Vancouver International Wine Festival
- Educational seminars for Canadian trade professionals
- Online promotions through social media
- Promotional demos at major retails stores and provincial liquor retail stores.
We can help connect you with the right suppliers and the right information
Through our partnerships with State Regional Trade Groups, we can connect you with U.S. farmers, producers and suppliers from anywhere in the United States to help you find new products for your consumers:
|Food Export USA Northeast||Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont||www.foodexport.org
|Food Export Association of the Midwest USA||Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin||www.foodexport.org
|Southern U.S. Trade Association||Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia||www.susta.org
|Western U.S. Agricultural Trade Association||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, America Samoa||www.wusata.org
We also offer the following services through our various trade-focused programs:
- Trade missions to bring U.S. suppliers to meet you in Canada or take you to meet them in their States;
- USA pavilions in major Canadian trade shows like SIAL Canada and U.S. trade shows like Natural Products Expo, where you can identify new U.S. products and connect with exhibitors;
- Annual reports providing an overview of the Canadian retail, foodservice and food processing sectors, all available on the Global Agricultural Information Network.
If you are interested in collaborating with us or are looking for an opportunity to connect with U.S. suppliers to grow your business, please call us or send us a message:
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Ottawa:
Telephone: (613) 688-5267
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Toronto:
Telephone: (416) 640-8683